- Moving oral contraceptives over the counter as a strategy to reduce unintended pregnancy.Ann Intern Med. 2013; 158: 839-840
- Over-the-counter access to oral contraceptives as a reproductive healthcare strategy.Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 2: 500-505
- Disparities in rates of unintended pregnancy in the United States, 1994 and 2001.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2006; 3: 90-96
- Unintended pregnancy in the United States: incidence and disparities, 2006.Contraception. 2011; 8: 478-485
- The public costs of births resulting from unintended pregnancies: national and state-level estimates.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2011; 4: 94-102
- Factors associated with contraceptive use and nonuse, United States, 2004.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2007; 3: 90-99
- U.S. women's one-year contraceptive use patterns, 2004.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2007; 3: 48-55
- Pharmacists authorized to prescribe birth control in more states.VA: NASPA, North Chesterfield2017 (Available at:)Accessed January 18, 2018)
- Prescription of hormonal contraception by pharmacists in Oregon: implementation of House Bill 2879.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 12: 168-170
- Medical eligibility criteria for contraceptive use.Geneva, 2015
- Pharmacist prescription of hormonal contraception in Oregon: baseline knowledge and interest in provision.J Am Pharm Assoc (2003). 2016; 5: 521-526
- Pharmacist interest in and attitudes toward direct pharmacy access to hormonal contraception in the United States.J Am Pharm Assoc (2003). 2009; 4: 43-50
- The acceptability of contraception task-sharing among pharmacists in Canada—the ACT-Pharm study.Contraception. 2015; 9: 55-61
- ORH urban/rural areas. December 18, 2012.(Available at:)Accessed January 18, 2018)
- Open Source Geospatial Foundation Project. QGIS: geographic information system.(Available at:)Accessed January 18, 2018)
- Oregon spatial data library: Oregon zip code areas.OR, Corvallis2016 (Available at:)Accessed January 18, 2018)
- Oregon spatial data library: major cities.OR, Corvallis2016 (Available at:)Accessed January 18, 2018)
- Cartographic boundary shapefiles—census tracts.PA: U.S. Census Bureau, Philadelphia2017 (Available at:)Accessed January 18, 2018)
- USPS zip code crosswalk files.(Available at:)Accessed January 18, 2018)
- Availability of pharmacist-prescribed contraception in California, 2017.JAMA. 2017; 318: 2253-2254
Vu K, Rafie S, Grindlay K, Gutierrez H, Grossman D. Pharmacist intentions to prescribe hormonal contraception following new legislative authority in California. J Pharm Pract. 20(17):897190017737897.
Disclosures: The authors declare no relevant conflicts of interest or financial relationships.
Funding: Maria Rodriguez is a Women’s Reproductive Health Research fellow (grant 1K12HD085809 ). REDcap through Oregon Health and Science University was used for this study, and as such this research was supported by National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences of the National Institutes of Health under award number UL1TR0002369 . The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.