- Trends in opioid analgesic abuse and mortality in the United States.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 241-248
- Unused prescription opioids after surgery. JAMA Intern Med. 2017.(Available at:)https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamasurgery/fullarticle/2644905Date accessed: May 23, 2018
Guy GP Jr, Zhang K, Bohm MK, et al. Vital signs: changes in opioid prescribing in the United States, 2006-2015. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/wr/mm6626a4.htm. Accessed May 23, 2018.
- Opioid overdose.(Available at:)https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/epidemic/index.htmlDate accessed: June 2, 2018
- Overdose death rates.(Available at:)https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-ratesDate accessed: January 2, 2019
- Legal interventions to reduce overdose mortality: naloxone access and overdose good Samaritan laws.(Available at:)http://www.networkforphl.org/_asset/qz5pvn/network-naloxone-10-4.pdfDate accessed: January 2, 2019
H.B. 996. 2017 Regular Session. (Mississippi 2017).
- Surveying the opinions of Pennsylvania Chiefs of Police toward officers carrying and administering naloxone.Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 2018; 44: 244-251
- Law Enforcement Departments Carrying Naloxone. Raleigh, NC: NCHRC. 2016.(Available at:)
- Evzio Website. 2017.(Available at:)https://www.evzio.com/patient/about-evzio/index.php#using-evzioDate accessed: August 15, 2017
- Narcan Website.(Available at:)https://www.narcan.com/pharmacists/pharmacist-roleDate accessed: August 15, 2017
- The Mississippi Opioid and Heroin Data Collaborative.(Available at:)https://www.mbp.ms.gov/Documents/2017_Interagency_Report_PMP.pdfDate accessed: December 31, 2018
- Implementation of online opioid overdose prevention, recognition and response trainings for professional first responders: year 1 survey results.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2016; 169: 1-4
- Police officer attitudes towards intranasal naloxone training.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2015; 146: 107-110
Disclosure: The authors declare no conflicts of interest or financial interests in any product or service mentioned in this article.
Funding: This research did not receive any grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.