Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Nutrition, physical activity, and obesity. Data, trend and maps. Available at: https://nccd.cdc.gov/dnpao_dtm/rdPage.aspx?rdReport=DNPAO_DTM.ExploreByTopic&islClass=OWS&islTopic=&go=GO. Accessed July 12, 2020.
- Prevalence of obesity and severe obesity among adults: United States, 2017-2018.NCHS Data Brief. 2020; : 1-8
- Regarding obesity as a disease: evolving policies and their implications.Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 2016; 45: 511-520
U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs. VA/DoD clinical practice guideline: management of overweight and obesity (OBE) (2020). Available at: https://www.healthquality.va.gov/guidelines/cd/obesity/. Accessed August 1, 2020.
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists and American College of Endocrinology Comprehensive Clinical Practice guidelines for medical care of patients with obesity.Endocr Pract. 2016; 22: 1-203
- Overweight, obesity, and depression: a systematic review and meta-analysis of longitudinal studies.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2010; 67: 220-229
- Dietz WAnnual medical spending attributable to obesity: payer-and service-specific estimates.Health Aff (Millwood). 2009; 28: w822-w831
- 2013 AHA/CC/TOS guideline for the management of overweight and obesity in adults: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the Obesity Society [published correction appears in Circulation. 2014;129(25 suppl 2):S139–S140].Circulation. 2014; 129: S102-S138
- Pharmacological management of obesity: an Endocrine Society Clinical Practice guideline.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015; 100: 342-362
- Association of pharmacological treatments for obesity with weight loss and adverse events: a systematic review and meta-analysis [published correction appears in JAMA. 2016;316(9):995].JAMA. 2016; 315: 2424-2434
- Effectiveness of a community pharmacy weight management programme.Int J Clin Pharm. 2014; 36: 800-806
- Evaluation of a pharmacist-led, 6-month weight loss program in obese patients.J Am Pharm Assoc (2003). 2014; 54: 302-307
- Pharmacist intervention enhances adherence to orlistat therapy.Ann Pharmacother. 2003; 37: 1598-1602
- The lifestyle challenge program: a multidisciplinary approach to weight management.Ann Pharmacother. 2005; 39: 2015-2020
- Implementation of a weight management pharmaceutical care service.Ann Pharmacother. 2007; 41: 185-192
- Evaluation of the impact of a community-based, pharmacist-led weight loss program focused on a high-protein diet on risk factors for cardiovascular disease.J Am Pharm Assoc (2003). 2021; 61: S147-S153
- Evaluation of multidisciplinary weight loss shared medical appointments.J Am Pharm Assoc (2003). 2020; 60: 93-99
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Disclosure: The authors declare no relevant conflicts of interest or financial relationships.
Previous presentation: Virtual presentation at the 2021 Midsouth Pharmacy Residency Conference in Memphis, April 29, 2021.